Our Designated Senior Safeguarding Leader is Mr. G. Caunce.
Our Deputy Designated Senior Safeguarding Leader is Mrs. H. Higson.
Euxton Primrose Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. At Primrose Hill all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors are made aware of our safeguarding procedures and all staff are given full safeguarding training on an annual basis or during their induction. If at any time we have concerns over the safeguarding of any child then we have a duty of care to ensure that the information is passed onto our designated senior safeguarding leader and, if deemed appropriate, to social care/the police. Click here to view our safeguarding and child protection policy.
In addition to rigorous safeguarding procedures, we also try to maximize every opportunity within the curriculum to educate pupils about how to keep safe. Primrose Hill is a registered kidsafe school and all pupils receive kidsafe lessons in addition to PSHE/E-safety lessons. Click here to see how the kidsafe programme helps pupils learn to stay safe.
The Governing Body of the school will:
- ensure the school has effective policies and procedures in place for the safe and fair recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers in accordance with Department for Education guidance and legal requirements.
- monitor the school’s compliance with DfE guidance and legal requirements.
- ensure that appropriate staff and governors have completed safer recruitment training.
The Headteacher will:
- ensure that the school operates safe and fair recruitment and selection procedures which are regularly monitored, reviewed and up-dated to reflect any changes to legislation and statutory guidance.
- ensure that all appropriate checks have been carried out on staff and volunteers in the school.
- monitor any contractors’ and agencies’ compliance with the policy.
- promote the safety and well-being of children and young people at every stage of this process.
Mrs Kaye Davies and Mrs. Nadine Turner (School Governors) attended a full day of Safer Recruitment training led by the Lancashire County Council on 10/06/16. Mr Gareth Caunce (Headteacher) had previously attended the full day’s training on 14/01/15.