VISIONS & AIMS OF PRIMROSE HILL SCHOOL
We live in an increasingly competitive world where pupils compete on a global stage to gain employment. At Primrose Hill we endeavour to deliver a curriculum that equips pupils for the world of 21st century work. We believe in delivering Quality First Teaching to provide pupils with the very best education. We are investing heavily in ICT, equipping pupils with the skills to become proficient in the digital world in which we live.
We also believe in educating pupils to lead a healthy lifestyle and want our pupils to be as fit and healthy as possible, after all a healthy body equals a healthy mind. We are currently using sports premium funding to provide pupils with high quality sports coaching and competition. In addition we want pupils to understand that the world around us is not an infinite resource and we aim to develop an awareness of sustainable living wherever possible. We utilise outdoor learning opportunities to raise pupils’ awareness of our environment and are very proud of our ‘eco school’ status.
View our “Together we will make a difference” presentation here.
Finally, we believe that pupils achieve best when they are supported by parents and carers. We passionately believe in the importance of ‘working together to make a difference’ and we try and involve families in school life wherever possible. In addition to parent workshops, which we host regularly in order to provide information on how to support your child with their learning, our PTFA deliver a plethora of social events for families to engage in school life. This helps to create a wonderful sense of community at Primrose Hill and makes it a very special place for everyone connected with our school.
We are passionate about our vision and firmly believe it will allow pupils to develop a confidence and enthusiasm for learning and indeed life – an outlook that will help them to succeed in whatever they choose to do in the future.
At Euxton Primrose Hill we will work hard to create:
- a strong sense of community where all people work well together and respect differences in our community
- an environment in which we all have the opportunity to learn and develop and achieve
- a culture of improvement in which we all have high expectations so that our school will make a difference
We will work hard within school and the wider community to develop the whole child, socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, spiritually and morally in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
We will strive to ensure that each child performs to the best of their ability. We intend that they will grow to be confident and willing, caring and concerned, committed to their own development yet aware of their responsibilities to others.
- treat all children equally, and get to know them well.
- emphasise the positive achievements of children in school and in their outside activities
- identify and develop the skills and talents of each child
- encourage self-reliance, self-confidence and self-discipline in our children so that they may become responsible and responsive members of society
- have high expectations of both behaviour and academic achievement
- encourage our children to make responsible, healthy choices
- help children to develop moral values, and to develop respect and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life
- provide purposeful teaching in structured lessons within a comfortable, secure learning environment
- invest in staff development to enhance the professional competence of staff to meet their individual and school needs in order to benefit the pupils
- develop a close partnership with parents and involve and support them in their child’s development
- create an orderly atmosphere with a bright, attractive and welcoming environment for our children